Re: ethertap/dummy (for mol) in 2.4.x ?

Subject: Re: ethertap/dummy (for mol) in 2.4.x ?
From: R Shapiro (reshapiro@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 11:12:46 MST

Martin Costabel writes:
> Actually, I am not sure if it is really MOL that is to blame for the
> file system corruption. I saw some messages on the linux-kernel mailing
> list about similar problems with 2.4.1 in linux/intel.

Hmm. I did get a nasty mol crash the first time I tried the prebuilt
0.9.55. It hung linux (I had to hit the reset button) but left no
significant file-system damage, just one bad inode which fsck fixed.
After recompiling the src rpm with the 2.4.1 kernel headers, it seemed
ok, except for networking.

Otherwise I have't had any trouble at all with 2.4.1, and I have two
ppc machines which run it 24x7. Maybe I've just been lucky...

--
reshapiro@mediaone.net