Re: Only for 603 owners...A compiled kernel forMOL -- Poor form.

Subject: Re: Only for 603 owners...A compiled kernel forMOL -- Poor form.
From: Supernaut (supernaut@insurgent.org)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 13:52:58 MST

> I am sorry for filling your email account for non -603 owners.But i know
> that it was too difficult to get a compiled kernel for 603.So i am sending
> the kernel compiled for MOL.It includes also IP masquerading and ethertap
> device.The version is 2.2.18.Bye...

1) Not everyone has a broadband connection. For instance, I myself am
currently on a regular dialup, via my phonecard, at an airport.
2) Not everyone has a 603.
3) Not everyone has an IMAP mail service.
4) If you really feel you have to provide a kernel to the whole damn list,
you at least compress it somehow.
5) Better form would have been to provide people a URL that they can
download your kernel, at their leisure. As opposed to ramming it down the
throats of everyone on the list.

In short, poor poor form, and highly rude. You owe people an apology for
sending everyone a 4MB Binary that maybe 50% of people *might* find useful.
In short, you really ticked me off. And, its fairly obvious, that, you have
never ever read a decent FAQ as to how to behave on a mailing list.

Honestly, mailing lists are starting to get as bad as USENET these days. At
least on USENET, you have some modicum of control...

--
Supernaut