Re: OpenBSD

Subject: Re: OpenBSD
From: Chris Boot (bootc@worldnet.fr)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 01:11:09 MST

> Hello, I'm new to the list and I have a question for you guys. I hope
> that it isn't asked all the time, because that is tremendously
> annoying.
>
> Does MOL work on a BSD system? From what I have read on the site, I
> am thinking that it won't; but I figured that it would not hurt to
> ask.
>
> Right now I am running OpenBSD on an AMD Athlon system but I am
> looking to get a Mac Laptop. I really like the security features and
> of OpenBSD and when I discovered that OpenBSD ran on Mac Hardware I
> was very excited.

Well, don't expect it to run straight out of the box. You'll probably have
to get some libraries, recompile, and fiddle with the code to get it to
compile. One thing though: it patches the kernel on most machines, which
would require some pretty Linux-specific code IMO. It would be a very major
undertaking to port MOL to OpenBSD, but I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Best of luck,

--
    .-.        Chris Boot
    /v\     bootc@worldnet.fr