Re: MOL networking broken on recent kernels?

Subject: Re: MOL networking broken on recent kernels?
From: Jens Schmalzing (jens@tac.dk)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 06:41:08 MST

Dear Derrik,

> I did this, and finally got a working setup.

Thanks a lot for your very detailed instructions. Unfortunately, I
still can't get networking in MOL to work. I've set up masquerading
according to your advice, apart from putting that SNAT rule into the
POSTROUTING chain, so I ended up with:

    #iptables -t nat -L
    Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
    target prot opt source destination

    Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
    target prot opt source destination
    SNAT all -- <MOL IP> !<local net>/16 to:<external IP>

    Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    target prot opt source destination
    # iptables -t filter -L
    Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    target prot opt source destination

    Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
    target prot opt source destination
    ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
    ACCEPT all -- <local net>/16 !<local net>/16

    Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    target prot opt source destination

The MOL IP address is on the local net, and the dummy device is
configured to a different IP on the same net. Nevertheless, I can't
get proper networking in MOL. The only thing that seems to get
through is UDP/IP, since DNS lookups work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je pézqbpbe le djuz tqtaj!