MOL, ethertap, and Mac OS 9.1 OT

Subject: MOL, ethertap, and Mac OS 9.1 OT
From: Renaud Dreyer (rdreyer@math.berkeley.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2001 - 02:10:16 MST

A few months ago I tried to get networking with ethertap going
under MOL without any success, until I finally realized that any
version of Open Transport newer than Mac OS 8.6 made it a futile
effort. I thought the problem had been solved but now, with Mac OS
9.1, I'm having the exact same total lack of results.

I have to use the ethertap method because I only have one static IP to
work with. I'm running MOL 0.9.53, Mac OS 9.1, kernel 2.2.18 under
Debian Potato. I followed the instructions in:

http://216.22.163.20/Linux_Pages/mol.shtml

Any advice, good/bad news? Thanks,

            Renaud