Simple directions how to get lpr working?

Subject: Simple directions how to get lpr working?
From: Rick Hatton (hattonr@aug.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 17:17:08 MDT

Can someone tell me how to get lpr working in mol?

I am using MacOS 9.1, MOL 0.9.58-1, I am using mol and linux on the same
machine.

I used the desktop printer utility to set up a printer
PPD: generic
IP: 192.168.0.1 (printer verifies)
Que: lp - this is for an Epson 740, connected via printer port.
mac IP: 192.168.0.2, I can ping this from linux.

When I try to print, I get error -8885, unable to find printer.

replies to personal email ok. any and all help appreciated.
--
Rick Hatton