SMP

Subject: SMP
From: Carlos Garca (clgarcia3@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 14:56:35 MDT

(sorry--no more html)

So this isn't MOL specific . . . but the group seems smart, so here goes.

Speaking of kernel versions, etc. . . . does anybody have a dual processor
g4 running the 2.4 kernel with SMP support? My system crashes when it tries
to start up the SMP. It's really annoying, because I'd really like to have
effectively doubled speed on my processes . . .

I'm what some might call a "newbie" with linux, and I just moved to apple
machines last summer. I asked some other people, but the only solution they
provided was to get back to 2.4 with no SMP support. I mean . . . I guess
that works . . .

--carlos.