Re: mol ethernet config

Subject: Re: mol ethernet config
From: Rich Lafferty (rich@alcor.concordia.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 15:12:05 MDT

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 04:57:47PM -0400, Carlos García (clgarcia3@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Just one last one off the MOL topic. How about VMware for the apple
> hardware? I'd live to pop out of MacOS and into Win2k with the hit of a
> couple of buttons and much less performance loss than Virtual PC . . .

If you had VMware for Apple /hardware/, then you wouldn't be able to
run Win2k, unless Win2k runs on PowerPC. VMware does what MOL does. If
you want to run Windows on non-Intel hardware, then you have to
emulate, which Virtual PC does (remarkably well -- try Bochs
sometime..)

  -Rich

--
 Montreal, Quebec, Canada   |  "Do not dangle the mouse by the cord or