Re: mol ethernet config

Subject: Re: mol ethernet config
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 15:19:49 MDT

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Carlos García wrote:

> Just one last one off the MOL topic. How about VMware for the apple
> hardware? I'd live to pop out of MacOS and into Win2k with the hit of a
> couple of buttons and much less performance loss than Virtual PC . . .

Um. You do know that VMware works similarly (at least in concept) to MoL,
executing code natively on the host CPU most (or all) the time, right?
That would require an actual full-on emulator. I have successfully run
VirtualPC 3.0.3 inside MoL (current rsync tree) running OS 9.1, but it's
pretty slow. (From what I've heard and seen, VPCv3 is pretty slow
everywhere.) Maybe VPCv4 or RealPC, or another emulator, would be faster
(and also run in MoL).

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN