Re: MOL rsync on 2.4.6-pre2

Subject: Re: MOL rsync on 2.4.6-pre2
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Sun Jul 15 2001 - 22:21:35 MDT

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001, Christiaan Welvaart wrote:

> I run a 2.4.6-pre2 kernel + LinuxPPC patches + XFS patches (root on XFS).
> MOL rsync of some time back basically works, but crashes easily, even if
> not used. It doesn't give any error, the screen goes to black (but still
> in graphics mode) and I get several of these messagse until I kill MOL:
> adb_key: buffer overflow
> WARNING: Ethernet packet dropped

Whose kernel tree are you using? I've been using Ben Herrenschmidt's PPC
tree, and current MoL rsync trees work fine. It's become incredibly stable
as of late.

I'd tell you to use BK or rsync to snag the latest tree, but the machine
that the tree is hosted on is now behind a firewall (from what I
understand), and Samuel is off to MacWorld, so he won't be moving it to
another location until he returns. Someone else requested a tarball of the
latest tree - power outage knocked thhe G3 I use at work down, but unless
someone else beats me to it, I'll tar up my rsync'd tree there in the
morning and paste a URL to fetch it from onto the list.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN