MOL & 4.1.99.1 + a couple of points.

Subject: MOL & 4.1.99.1 + a couple of points.
From: Iain Sandoe (iain@sandoe.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 16:37:46 MDT

Hi list (I'm a newbie here)...

Just tried MOL (BK pulled one hour ago) with the xfree86 TOT (4.1.99.1).

molvconfig dies completely - sorry no OOPS or debug - three-finger-salute
needed to get going again.

reverting to 4.0.99.03 is OK

- but I still have video modes which put the screen over to the display
right and high. This is a little strange because under MacOS9.0.4 MacOS9.1,
MacOS-X and XF4 linux position the displayed area correctly. Any hints on
what to tinker with would be appreciated. (g3/beige with atimach64).

---

a (minor-ish) niggle. There's something about FaxSTF inits that seems to blow up under MOL (error 10 on MOL/macOS9.0.4 boot) ... it would be nice if there were some way of shimming the serial access (at least to do nothing)

- If I forget to disable the inits under MacOS it's three reboots ...

--- ciao, iain.