Newbie Questions

Subject: Newbie Questions
From: Tom Owad (owad@applefritter.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 17:10:47 MDT

Hello,

I just set up MOL on my recently-installed Yellow Dog Linux 2.0. There
are a few things I'm having trouble with:

I can't make disks writable. The disk I want to use is a 1 GB HFS
partition with System 9.1 installed, located at /dev/hda10. Setting it
to "-rw" instead of "-ro" seems to do nothing. The disk always mounts as
a locked volume. Is there some config option that I'm missing?

The Apple key doesn't work. Is it supposed to? If not, what is used to
replace it?

I tried playing Warcraft II, but its copy protection "feature" doesn't
recognize the game CD (which is mounted), presumably much as it refuses
to recognize disk images as vaild CD's. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks!

Tom

Applefritter
www.applefritter.com