Re: Newbie Questions

Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 17:53:33 MDT

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 07:10:47PM -0400, Tom Owad wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just set up MOL on my recently-installed Yellow Dog Linux 2.0. There
> are a few things I'm having trouble with:
>
> I can't make disks writable. The disk I want to use is a 1 GB HFS
> partition with System 9.1 installed, located at /dev/hda10. Setting it
> to "-rw" instead of "-ro" seems to do nothing. The disk always mounts as
> a locked volume. Is there some config option that I'm missing?
>
> The Apple key doesn't work. Is it supposed to?

The keymapping primarily depends on the console
keymapping. I think the scancodes MOL is configured for
is the ones used by i386 (if you do 'loadkeys -d' before
starting X, you should get them).

If you use another keyboard configuration, you'll
probably have to remap some keys using

        remap_key: <keycode> <adb_keycode>
or
        kbd_file: <filename>

I'm considering writing a configuration tool to simplify
keyboard settings/customization.

> I tried playing Warcraft II, but its copy protection "feature" doesn't
> recognize the game CD (which is mounted), presumably much as it refuses
> to recognize disk images as vaild CD's. Is there any fix for this?

A real CD driver is planned. Until then, CDs will not be recognized
as CDs.

Cheers,

/Samuel

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470