Re: Newbie Questions

Subject: Re: Newbie Questions
From: Tom Owad (owad@applefritter.com)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2001 - 21:16:55 MDT

>> I just set up MOL on my recently-installed Yellow Dog Linux 2.0. There
>> are a few things I'm having trouble with:
>>
>> I can't make disks writable. The disk I want to use is a 1 GB HFS
>> partition with System 9.1 installed, located at /dev/hda10. Setting it
>> to "-rw" instead of "-ro" seems to do nothing. The disk always mounts as
>> a locked volume. Is there some config option that I'm missing?

The HD mounts rewritably now. I have no idea why - I swear I didn't do a
thing in linux since then but run loadkeys!

>> The Apple key doesn't work. Is it supposed to?
>
>The keymapping primarily depends on the console
>keymapping. I think the scancodes MOL is configured for
>is the ones used by i386 (if you do 'loadkeys -d' before
>starting X, you should get them).

This works in console mode, but not in KDE or failsafe.

>If you use another keyboard configuration, you'll
>probably have to remap some keys using
>
> remap_key: <keycode> <adb_keycode>
>or
> kbd_file: <filename>

I didn't try these yet, but plan to.

>I'm considering writing a configuration tool to simplify
>keyboard settings/customization.

Thanks for your help!

Is there any non-Apple hardware _currently being manufactured_ that can
run MOL?

Tom

Applefritter
www.applefritter.com