Re: Crash with MoL 0.9.60 and 2.4.7-ben0 kernel

Subject: Re: Crash with MoL 0.9.60 and 2.4.7-ben0 kernel
From: Olaf Hering (olh@suse.de)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 14:59:07 MDT

On Mon, Jul 30, Derrik Pates wrote:

> I got it to boot, and MoL runs just fine - up until you go to close it, at
> which point it happily dumps out to the boot monitor. I know without
> decoding these symbols, the info isn't very useful, but here goes:
>
> vector: 300 at pc = c000f858, lr = c000f8dc
> msr = 1032, sp = c133fe20 [c133fd70]
> dar = c, dsisr = 40000000
> current = c133e000, pid = 789, comm = mol
>
> It then of course sits at the xmon> prompt till I press the reset button
> (the xmon prompt doesn't respond to keyboard input).
>
> According to the System.map,
> c000f858 T get_pteptr
> c000f898 T iopa
> c000f914 T mm_ptov
>
> And after building the kernel initially, depmod -a reported 'mm_ptov' as a
> missing symbol, so I added it in arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c as a symbol
> to export, and rebuilt the kernel.

I just noticed that mm_ptov is unresolved with bens latest (2.4.7-ben0).
Adding a EXPORT_SYMBOL(mm_ptov); to arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c fixed at
least that one, but I guess that mm_ptov needs a bit more work...

Can you reproduce it and did you compile mol with that kernel tree?
what modules did you load to run mol (`lsmod`)?

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS Main feature not yet implemented...