Crash with MoL 0.9.60 and 2.4.7-ben0 kernel

Subject: Crash with MoL 0.9.60 and 2.4.7-ben0 kernel
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 13:23:32 MDT

I got it to boot, and MoL runs just fine - up until you go to close it, at
which point it happily dumps out to the boot monitor. I know without
decoding these symbols, the info isn't very useful, but here goes:

vector: 300 at pc = c000f858, lr = c000f8dc
msr = 1032, sp = c133fe20 [c133fd70]
dar = c, dsisr = 40000000
current = c133e000, pid = 789, comm = mol

It then of course sits at the xmon> prompt till I press the reset button
(the xmon prompt doesn't respond to keyboard input).

According to the System.map,
        c000f858 T get_pteptr
        c000f898 T iopa
        c000f914 T mm_ptov

And after building the kernel initially, depmod -a reported 'mm_ptov' as a
missing symbol, so I added it in arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c as a symbol
to export, and rebuilt the kernel.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN