Re: Problems with Ti Powerbook

Subject: Re: Problems with Ti Powerbook
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 09:26:44 MST

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, William K. Gibson wrote:

> Yup, that did it. Thanks. I should have noticed the first line of the errors
> but I guess I was a bit frustrated.
>
> Now, if I could indulge just a little more in the good graces of the list.
> The package compiled against my original YDL kernel source instead of my new
> kernel (2.4.2). I don't even think I have the sources for the new kernel.
> Could somebody instruct me as to how to inform packages to compile against
> the new 2.4.2 kernel? I feel a little stupid for asking but I'm not a full
> fledged sysop yet.

rm -rf /usr/include/{linux,asm} ; ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux \
  /usr/include/linux ; ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/asm /usr/include/asm

That'll symlink your local kernel headers into the proper place. Then just
rebuild MoL (make clean ; make), and you should be good to go.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|