Re: Multiple instances of mol

Subject: Re: Multiple instances of mol
From: Brian Foddy (brian.foddy@nwa.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 09:06:06 MDT

Samuel Rydh wrote:

> On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 05:04:40PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Yes, multi-session support is working (but undocumented).
> To test it, do the following:
>
> - Create one molrc file for each session (named
> /etc/molrc-N)
>
> - Make sure AltiVec is disabled on G4 machines (there appears
> to be a bug in the AltiVec register saving code).
>
> - Start each instance of MOL using the --session switch
> (e.g 'startmol --session=3').
>
> Note: the sheep_net networking will currently not work properly
> if more than one session is run simultaneously (but a tan/tup
> solution ought to be possible).

Cool, I'll try it out. Related question...
I understood (perhaps incorrectly) that the inability to
run multiple instances of MOL was related to the
inability to run MOL on a SMP kernel. Is this correct,
and is progress being made on this also???

Been using MOL for nearly 18 months daily, keep up the good work.

Thanks
Brian