mol can't boot 9.1 after macosx install

Subject: mol can't boot 9.1 after macosx install
From: Rob Pfile (Rob.Pfile@riverstonenet.com)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 16:31:41 MST

howdy MOL fans,

my desktop machine is running linuxppc and i have been successfully
running mol 0.9.60 which boots os9.1 off of the other disk in my
system. thanks samuel!

i bit the bullet and installed macosX 10.1 on the same disk as
os9.1. if i shut down from osX and boot linux, mol hangs; the
happy mac sits there forever. if i boot macos 9.1, then boot linux,
mol works OK.

i read the list archives and someone had mentioned that samuel had
posted instructions on how to get around this; apparently the
problem is that mol is seeing the blessed osX folder and of course
cant yet boot macosX. if you boot 9.1 first, then that system folder
is blessed and everything works. however, i was not able to find the
post describing what to do to /etc/molrc to fix this.

i tried pointing /etc/molrc at a mac os rom file on my linux
partition, but this didnt work.

i know this has to be a FAQ, since a lot of people are probably
installing osX now. but i just couldnt find the answer in the
archives.

thanks

rob