Re: MOL 0.9.60-49

Subject: Re: MOL 0.9.60-49
From: Quentin Mason (quentin-mason@cornell.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 13:21:35 MST

Hi Alfred,

> I am using SuSE Linux 7.1 on a Power Mac G3.
>
> I got mol-0.9.60-49 and the km_mol-0.9.60-49 modules and installed
> these two archives. Following the compilation instruction ( make
> clean, make, make install) I rebuild MOL.
>
> [snip]
> Why are the modules for the 2.2.18 kernel loaded and not the ones for the
> 2.4.2 kernel ?

I assume that you have removed any old MOL and correctly installed the new
one in its place. If so then it is likely that you did not compile the
source with the right kernel herders. 2.2.18 probably corresponds to the
kernel source that you have in /usr/src/linux. First install the kernel
source for the kernel that you are using, then rebuild mol.

Q.