Re: MacOS 9 stops loading

Subject: Re: MacOS 9 stops loading
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 21:08:49 MST

I can't say I am familiar with how MOL works internally, but based on your
information I would still assume some kind of extension conflict, but with
MOL. I would still suggest:

1) have you installed any extensions around the time that the failures
began? Perhaps there is an incompatibility.
2) try using the extensions manager to enable/disable extensions to see if
you can get a boot. I would start with mac OS base, then mac os all, then
individual suspicious extensions such as those being loaded after the last
before failure)

If that doesn't get you anywhere, I am tapped on answers. The MOL output did
not appear to be informative of any problem, although the "device" reference
toward the end makes me wonder if there is some device driver extension
causing a problem. Just a guess, though.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.