Re: MacOS 9 stops loading

Subject: Re: MacOS 9 stops loading
From: Martin Costabel (costabel@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 02:41:45 MST

Keary Suska wrote:

> 2) try using the extensions manager to enable/disable extensions to see if
> you can get a boot. I would start with mac OS base, then mac os all, then
> individual suspicious extensions such as those being loaded after the last
> before failure)

And don't give up before you really tried all of them - according to
Murphy's law, it's the very last one you'll try that is responsible for
the conflict. In my case, Murphy got it right :-): It was the "Internal
V.90 Modem" extension, and I heard of some others with the same problem.
I haven't used MOL for a while, though, so I don't know if this is still true.

--
Martin