MOL 0.9.60 crashed thread w/ kernel 2.4.15-pre5-ben0

Subject: MOL 0.9.60 crashed thread w/ kernel 2.4.15-pre5-ben0
From: Martin Hill (mhill@alumni.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 18 2001 - 23:58:41 MST

Hi,

I have been using MOL 0.9.60 successfully with various 2.4.x kernels on my
TiBook for a while, and recently upgraded to BenH's 2.4.15-pre5-ben0 kernel
version. Now MOL is unable to start, with the following appearing at the end
of the logfile:

***** SIGNAL Hangup in thread async-io thread *****
HUP: _pid 0, _uid 0. Last RVEC 0
Exiting due to a crashed thread
cleaning up...
***** SIGNAL Hangup in thread X-thread *****
HUP: _pid 0, _uid 0. Last RVEC 0

Everything up to that point was as before. The crash occurs just before the
MacOS progress bar should be drawn.

I compiled and installed the mol kmods for the new kernel, and they seem to
load without problems. Also, the kernel configuration was largely unchanged
from kernels I was using before.

Is anyone having any luck running MOL with this kernel version? I would like
to try an older BenH kernel, but can't seem to find an archive of old sources.

Version info: MacOS 9.2.1; XFree 4.1 with DRI enabled, 16bpp.

Thanks for any pointers,

Martin

--

Martin Hill <mhill@alumni.uwaterloo.ca>