Re: signal 15, menu problems, instability

Subject: Re: signal 15, menu problems, instability
From: Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick (rafial@well.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 12:16:27 MDT

>This is actually a continuation of my posted observations about
>mol's instability, but I've now been trying to use mol in
>full-screen mode and the situation is -much- worse.

>Any thoughts? I've been marching through the 2.4 series looking for
>relief without any. Should I upgrade again to the latest? I also
>regularly rsync mol hoping against hope, but...

Perhaps the solution is to avoid the cutting edge? Maybe I'm lucky,
but I've got MOL compiled from the 9.60 tarball against a month-old
benh kernel (2.4.10pre8) and stability has been excellent. I have
been running MOL exclusively full screen, and I swear I get better
uptimes out of MacOS on MOL than I do when it is booted natively.

Eric: I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck //////////
Richard: Any software that isn't free sucks ////////// rafial@well.com
Linus: I'm interested in free beer ///// <http://www.3roses.com/> ////