Re: mol networking 0.60

Subject: Re: mol networking 0.60
From: Henry Harrison (henryh@clear.net.nz)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 23:20:24 MDT

Thanks for your help Samuel

>Note that TUN is only available if the MOL user binary is
>compiled using 2.4 kernel headers. It is possible I used 2.2
>headers by mistake when I put together the mol rpm
>for glibc-2.1.

Recompiling using 2.4 headers did the trick as far as seeing tun

>No... at the moment you will have to load the tun module
>manually (if you did not compile the tun support directly

done

>Btw. networking has *not* changed in 0.9.60. Tap solutions
>should still work. The TUN driver is the only one not
>markes *obsolete* though...

tap was working fine, I was avoiding obsolescence

one other problem I did have to fix. Under devfs (2.7.18-3b) the tun
link was as follows:

/dev/net/tun ---> misc/net/tun

When I changed that to

/dev/net/tun ---> /dev/misc/net/tun

everything appeared to work as it should

Many thanks

Henry

--
Henry Harrison