Re: MacsBug

Subject: Re: MacsBug
samuel@ibrium.se
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 09:02:20 MDT

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 09:07:41AM -0400, William K. Gibson wrote:
> on 9/7/01 5:45 AM, Grigory Entin at Grigory.Entin@arcadia.spb.ru wrote:
>
> > Instead of falling into MacsBug I see the black screen. MOL session
> > continues running.
> > The only way for me after that is killing and starting MOL again.
>
> I believe you are seeing the Linux monitor here. Do you get a prompt? You
> can exit the monitor with 'x', but I doubt that your MOL session will be
> viable after that. You can also type a '?' in the monitor to see the
> available commands (of which there are few).
>
> As far as I know, there is precious little you can do once MOL has crashed
> like that. I could be wrong about this stuff though.

No, MOL hasn't crashed, but MacOS has.

I believe MOL does not implement the debugging features
of the PowerPC processor correctly. Writing a few test programs to
determine where MOL faults would be a good thing.

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908174