Re: Time travel..

Subject: Re: Time travel..
samuel@ibrium.se
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 11:47:14 MDT

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:50:13PM -0400, Adam Goode wrote:
> While you're at it... :)
>
> There still exists the problem on some OldWorld machines (like the Power Mac
> 8500) where the Mac clock ticks ~9 times slower than it should. This
> manifests itself through extremely slow window rectangles and really slow
> clock ticks.
>
> Is there any way to resolve this? I do get this error:
>
> Property 'cpu/bus-frequency' is missing!
>

> Which looks suspicious. And yes, on the 8500, this is missing.
>
> The 8500 does have these properties though:
>
> clock-frequency
> PowerPC,604@0/clock-frequency
> PowerPC,604@0/timebase-frequency
>

> Does this help? I am willing to test it out.

I have a 8500/150 under my desk, but I haven't turned it on
for half a year or so. Do you happen to have an accelerator
installed? (this problem usually occur when an accelerator
card is used and MOL sees specs for the old processor).

What does the "Dec frequency" line in the mol-log say?

Oldworld or newworld booting? Which MacOS version
are you running?

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908174