Re: Time travel..

Subject: Re: Time travel..
From: Adam Goode (adam@evdebs.org)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 10:50:13 MDT

While you're at it... :)

There still exists the problem on some OldWorld machines (like the Power Mac
8500) where the Mac clock ticks ~9 times slower than it should. This
manifests itself through extremely slow window rectangles and really slow
clock ticks.

Is there any way to resolve this? I do get this error:

Property 'cpu/bus-frequency' is missing!

Which looks suspicious. And yes, on the 8500, this is missing.

The 8500 does have these properties though:

clock-frequency
PowerPC,604@0/clock-frequency
PowerPC,604@0/timebase-frequency

Does this help? I am willing to test it out.

Adam