Re: Time travel..

Subject: Re: Time travel..
samuel@ibrium.se
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 05:50:01 MDT

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 12:33:49AM -0700, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:
> >Hmm.. I'm running the latest MOL on my PowerBook Pismo. I just noticed that
> >when running the MacOS clock is running fast.
> >Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?
>
> I haven't seen that, but your post caused me to examine the time in
> MacOS versus Linux and I just realized that putting my laptop to
> sleep apparently "stops the clock" in MacOS, but not in Linux.
> MacOS under MOL apparently has no access to the system clock?
> --

MOL uses the CPU timebase register to measure time. This register
does not tick when linux sleeps. A simple workaround would be
detecting a sleep by checking the number of elapsed ticks against the
gettimeofday() now and then issue a clock update when
necessary.

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908174