Re: Time travel..

Subject: Re: Time travel..
From: Matt Christian (mattc@visi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 12:48:26 MDT

Samuel & list,

samuel@ibrium.se writes:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:50:13PM -0400, Adam Goode wrote:
> > While you're at it... :)
> >
> > There still exists the problem on some OldWorld machines (like the Power Mac
> > 8500) where the Mac clock ticks ~9 times slower than it should. This
> > manifests itself through extremely slow window rectangles and really slow
> > clock ticks.
> >
> > Is there any way to resolve this? I do get this error:
> >
> > Property 'cpu/bus-frequency' is missing!
> > [...]
> I have a 8500/150 under my desk, but I haven't turned it on
> for half a year or so. Do you happen to have an accelerator
> installed? (this problem usually occur when an accelerator
> card is used and MOL sees specs for the old processor).

I know this was addressed for Adam but I have been having a similar
problem. I have a Power Computing PowerCenter Pro (originally 210 MHz
604e) upgraded to a 390 MHz G3 via an XLR8 accelerator card.

> What does the "Dec frequency" line in the mol-log say?

Mine states:
DEC frequency: 14 MHz, 140:10 mticks/usec

> Oldworld or newworld booting? Which MacOS version
> are you running?

If by booting you mean MOL, I'm using newworld (Mac OS ROM file).

Mac OS 8.6

Thanks,

Matt

--