Clock slowdown (was: Can't run MOL on Titanium...)

Jouko-Thomas Kleine mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 20:09:50 +0300

Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

> Just in case there's some misconception here... the problem I
> originally brought up in this thread, and which was reported way back
> when by others before I ever saw it, is not something I would describe
> as simple 'clock drift'. I'm describing a much worse problem in essence.

I don't think I have the same issue. Mine is more like the clock in MOL
suddenly jumping some 30 years ahead in time screwing not only the time
of day but the date also. I'ts not (to my perception) running by some
predictable manner with false speed. I remember some months or was it
weeks ago somebody else mentioning this kind of problem on this list.
Mine started doing this right after I upgraded from MacOS 9.0 to 9.2.2,
but maybe I unnoticingly did something else by that time too. - I would
still like to know if there allready exists a solution to the more
benevolent 'clock drifting more predictably normally only during sleep'
problem.

I think that the simple 'colck drift' too isn't only a cosmetic problem
because it confuses the time stamp in the files and makes it hard to
track the creation order of different versions of same files.

Hope I'm not boring you all with this,

Jouko-Thomas Kleine.