mol-0.9.62 available for download

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 01:05:40 +0200

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 02:34:45PM -0400, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:
> I rsynced penguinppc.org::mol a bit after the announcement, but it
> was still at .61. How long typically does it take for the bk tree to
> mirror at penguinppc.org?

My fault, I forgot to update the rsync tree (I'm invoking the upload
script by hand for now).

> Also, I'm confused about something: the rsync does not have a
> separate directory for the kmods that is a part the rpm or tgz method
> of distribution. Can someone explain the difference between the
> "main" mol distribution and kmods vis-a-vis the rsync tree? Is
> installing kmods analogous to the 'make libimport' step in the build?

The penguinppc.org::mol module contains only source code (this module
is actually a snapshot of the BitKeeper tree, which only contains source
code). The binary files (the startup sound and certain drivers
compiled in MacOS) are in the penguinppc.org::libmol module which
is downloaded through the 'make libimport' step.

The mol-0.9.62.tgz tar essentially contains the folder mol/
after the following sequence:

	rsync penguinppc.org::mol mol
	cd mol
	make libimport
	./autgen.sh

> And speaking of make libimport, I see that it still points to
> zorn.theophys.kth.se.

Actually, it points to rsync.penguinppc.org in 0.9.62 with zorn
as fallback.

> Should I be rsyncing libimport from penguinppc.org,
> or is zorn.theophys.kth.se still OK?

The rsync.penguinppc.org tree is the prefered one. I'll
try to keep the zorn rsync up to date too though.

Cheers,

/Samuel