Partitioning Titanium for YellowDog and MacOSX

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:05:33 +0200

Dear MacLinux experts

I would like to partition my new Titanium to run MacOS9, MacOSX and
YellowDog2.1.
Now I have the following questions:

1, What partitioning scheme would you recommend?

2, On my old Wallstreet I had LinuxPPC with /, swap, /usr and /home as
separate partitions.
Since LinuxPPC does no longer exist I moved to YellowDog 2.1. After
partitioning my HD
with HDT I failed to install it because the installer does not allow to
set mount points.
Only after defining only one large partition for everything I could
install YD2.1.
What do I have to do to be able to install YD2.1 on separate partitions?

3, MacOSX needs one large partition to be installed. Even the swap
partition seems to be
placed on this one partition.
How can I install MacOSX on separate partitions?
Is it possible to install at least swap and /home on separate
partitions?
How large needs the swap partition to be?

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards
Christian Stratowa
Vienna, Austria