Strange problems with mol-0.9.64 with Mandrake 8.2

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:29:53 +0200

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 07:29:22PM -0400, Jaimi Allen wrote:
> I was going through the mailing list archives and I found that
> I'm getting the exact error message that Falk is getting when
> I try to run MOL (reproduced below).  I tried what Samuel recommended
>in his reply, but I still get the same message.

> Starting in video mode 640*480, depth 8, 75.0 Hz  [offs:0, rb:640]
> Ethernet Interface (port 1) 'sheep-<eth0>' @ FE:FD:DE:AD:BE:EF
> DHCP nameserver exported: 24.50.47.146
> Ethernet Interface (port 2) 'tun-<tun0>' @ 00:00:0D:EA:DB:EE
> ----> Sound Disabled. Failed to open /dev/dsp
>
> HFS  images/moldisk.i MOL                <read-only>     0 MB
> HFS  /dev/hda9        bootstrap          <read-write>   10 MB
> ----> /dev/hda9 might be a boot-strap partition.
> HFS+ /dev/hdb9        Macintosh HD       <read-write> 76318 MB
> No volumes found in '/dev/sda'
> No volumes found in '/dev/sdb'
>
> ***** SIGNAL 11 [Segmentation fault] in thread main-thread *****
>    si_signo = 11, si_errno 0, si_code 00030001
>    si_addr 0x2a. Last RVEC: 0x0 (0)
>    NIP 10042800

This is due to a bug in HFS+ utils. (MOL contains a compiled in version
of the HFS+ utils in order to obtain the 'MacOS ROM' file from the
boot disk). The same bug occurs if one tries to copy the 'MacOS ROM'
file by to the linux side using these utilities.

Until this bug has been fixed, copy the MacOS ROM file to the linux
side and specify it using a

	newworld_rom:		Mac_OS_ROM_file

line in /etc/mol/molrc.macos.

Cheers,