old system software

Dan Brunet mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:55:36 +1000

BasiliskII will emulate any of the 68020->040 processors with rather decent speeds and is available for PowerPC Linux. You'll require a ROM from an old mac, I would suggest a Quadra (650, 900, etc..) for the best software compatibility.

I've successfully installed and run System 7.5.5 and Mac OS 8.1 under emulation

Here's the url for BasiliskII:
http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/B2Main.html

You could also look into vMac if you really need to emulate a 68000 processor. (which is available for both PPC Linux and Mac OS)

Regards,
Dan