MacOS 8.6-mol install

ewitness - Ben Fowler mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:47:26 +0100

At 10:42 pm -0300 8/5/02, strob wrote:
>how the first step to install mol on macOS.8.6,I not expert in cumputer but
>I would like to run linux,it is possible to use the same drive to do
>this?????

No. You definitely can't use the same drive.

You can run the programs you mention (Linux, MOL) using a single
physical device, a single object that you could pick up in your
hand, but it would would need to partitioned into many logical devices.

My drive is partitioned into 18 partitions, and you will need about
this number as partitions are not shared between Linux and MOL.

This is no operation for you until you become 'expert in computer'.

You should make friends with someone who is, or meet someone
at your local Linux User Group (there is much interest in Linux in
Brazil), and get that person to partition your computer's disk,
install linux (I use SuSE 7.3
note that Yellow Dog Linux is very popular amongst the folk
at MOL, <URL: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/ydl_home.shtml >.

You do not install MOL on MacOS 8.6, but on Linux. The is why
the 'first step' you refer to is to install Linux.

Let us know how you get on.

Ben.