Hello, I'm new to mol and have a question

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 3 May 2002 12:11:17 +0200

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 12:43:16AM -0600, Percy Zahl wrote:
> I've installed MOL on my PBG4 running Debian/Woody and the 2.4.19-pre7
> kernel.
>
> Mol starts end exits like this:
>
> Debugger nub disabled
> The session save/restore feature is disabled
>
> Mapping GC at 80800000
> RVEC Internal Error 700
> exiting...
> cleaning up...
> Terminating threads...
> DONE
>
> I've two questions:
> 1) RVEC Internal Error 700
>    exiting...
>
>    What does this mean and how to get it fixed?

Your MOL kernel module is alsmost certainly compiled against
2.4.19 instead of 2.4.19-pre7. I get this error with the
2.4.19-pre6 kernel when I load a mol module compiled
against 2.4.19. I guess I should add a version
incompatible barrier in order to refuse to load the
module in the first place...

> 2) AltiVec unavailable or disabled by user - reverting to G3 mode
>
>    My kernel has AltiVec Support enabled... and I have the line
>
> disable_altivec:        no
>
>    in my /etc/molrc

Hmm. MOL might not know the ID of newer PowerPC chips.
What does "cat /proc/cpuinfo" say?

Cheers,

/Samuel