On the subject of freezes in MOL

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 7 May 2002 14:40:50 +0200

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:26:29PM +0100, Ove Edlund wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I do also experience freezes in MOL.

For the record, which version of MOL are you using?

I will try to describe what is
> happening. I feel sort of stupid because no one else seem to have these
> troubles, and I have tried to get rid of them using all kinds of different
> setups. It has been like this for a very long time now.

What kernel version are you using? Older version of the 2.4
series were plauged by VM problems. MOL stresses the VM subsystem
quite a bit and tends to expose these kinds of bugs.

> I have started to think that it may be hardware related. The machine is a
> Power Macintosh 7600/132, so the processor is a PowerPC 604 and not a 604e.
> Could that be the explaination that no one else experiences this?

No. MOL basically does not care about the processor type (as long
as it is not a 601 or 603).

Cheers,

/Samuel