On the subject of freezes in MOL

Ove Edlund mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 7 May 2002 15:25:35 +0100

Samuel wrote:
>On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:26:29PM +0100, Ove Edlund wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I do also experience freezes in MOL.
>
>For the record, which version of MOL are you using?

Oh! Many different ones. The one that is running right now, I downloaded by
rsync today and compiled. That makes it version 0.9.64-pre<something>
right? I don't know if I managed to get your latest patch though. But I
don't use virtual memory in mol-MacOS anyway so it should not matter.

>>I will try to describe what is
>> happening. I feel sort of stupid because no one else seem to have these
>> troubles, and I have tried to get rid of them using all kinds of different
>> setups. It has been like this for a very long time now.
>
>What kernel version are you using? Older version of the 2.4
>series were plauged by VM problems. MOL stresses the VM subsystem
>quite a bit and tends to expose these kinds of bugs.

I currently use version 2.4.18 from kernel.org with the little extra patch
that Marcello forgot about.

Thanks for taking note on my mail and answering. I am truly amazed that you
have managed to build such a competent emulator almost single-handedly. I
wish I had the skill and the time to help you out. Keep up the good work!

Best wishes
Ove

Ove Edlund			PhoneNr: +46 920 491511
Department of Mathematics