On the subject of freezes in MOL

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 7 May 2002 17:11:02 +0200

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:26:29PM +0100, Ove Edlund wrote:
> Is there anyone out there who shares this problem, and what can I do to fix
> this? I think I have tried EVERYTHING, but that is probably just in my
> imagination. (I have e.g. tried the things recently suggested on this list
> without success, as well as different kinds of network setups, different
> versions of Mac OS, different ROM's et.c.)

Are you using the NewWorld booting mechanism? I think the oldworld
ROM of the 7600 is supported but oldworld booting is something
to avoid whenever possible.

Also, make sure the "Mac OS ROM" file corresponds to the MacOS
version you are running. It is probably a good idea to install MacOS
from within MOL (in particular on the 7600 since the MacOS
ROM file is not installed otherwise).

Cheers,

/Samuel