mol feedback + question about G4-Altivec support

David Stanaway mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
18 May 2002 12:54:50 -0500

--=-iO6OUuY1VMz+4SAP0N3B

On Sat, 2002-05-18 at 11:13, Percy Zahl wrote:
> Just a note according to AltiVec/G4:
> I've Debian/Woody too on my PBG4 (early model w. DVD only), and the
> AltiVec didn't worked for me since I've updated to
> "Mac-on-Linux 0.9.63".
> Now it is using G4/AltiVec mode.

Version: 0.9.61-5
is what I have installed.. Maybe I should upgrade.

> I've some issues too:
> Do you got the Network working? What are the minor/major needed for
> the /deb/sheep_net ?? (I do not have it and need to make it w
> mknod...)

Hmmm.. <searches bash history>
sudo mknod /dev/sheep_net c 10 198

> Minor stuff: sound -- it complains "can't open /dev/dsp", may be
> because my (working) esd is locking it? Can mol use esd??

Yeah.. it works with esd. You have to install the Mol driver in the disk
imaged on the desktop with the big red ball icon.

I can't remember where I specified esd.  it might have been automatic..
But you need to change the default output in the Sound control panel in
mol.

--
Cheers
David Stanaway