mol feedback + question about G4-Altivec support

Percy Zahl mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 18 May 2002 17:36:32 -0600

David Stanaway writes:
 > On Sat, 2002-05-18 at 11:13, Percy Zahl wrote:
 > > Just a note according to AltiVec/G4:
 > > I've Debian/Woody too on my PBG4 (early model w. DVD only), and the
 > > AltiVec didn't worked for me since I've updated to
 > > "Mac-on-Linux 0.9.63".
 > > Now it is using G4/AltiVec mode.
 >
 > Version: 0.9.61-5
 > is what I have installed.. Maybe I should upgrade.
Yes, that version I had before and it did not recognized my G4.

 > > I've some issues too:
 > > Do you got the Network working? What are the minor/major needed for
 > > the /deb/sheep_net ?? (I do not have it and need to make it w
 > > mknod...)
 >
 > Hmmm.. <searches bash history>
 > sudo mknod /dev/sheep_net c 10 198
Thanks,
is there a way to get Network via "ppp0" too??

 > > Minor stuff: sound -- it complains "can't open /dev/dsp", may be
 > > because my (working) esd is locking it? Can mol use esd??
 >
 > Yeah.. it works with esd. You have to install the Mol driver in the disk
 > imaged on the desktop with the big red ball icon.
Hmm, I got sound working in mol only if I kill "esd" before...

 > I can't remember where I specified esd.  it might have been automatic..
would be nice to share sound via esd...

 > But you need to change the default output in the Sound control panel in
 > mol.
sure...

I tried putting in a DVD... I can see the contens, but the apple DVD
player failed w "Error 303" (not on this mac...) message.

Someone knows if mol can play DVD? May be only in fullscreen (I run it
in a X window).

 > --
 > Cheers
 > David Stanaway

Percy Zahl

  .^.     my home:  http://www.mines.edu/~pzahl
  /V\
 //G\\    Visit Gxsm now! Unlimited and free SPM+ software:
/(xsm)\        ----->  http://gxsm.sf.net  <------
 ^^-^^