mol-general digest, Vol 1 #155 - 10 msgs

Jamie Maynard mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 00:34:40 +0200

OK the answers to these have not been well documented.  It might be time to
start the Mac-On-Linux documentation project, I'll sort of volunteer if
Samuel is interested?

OK the answers to your questions are as follows:

1. Setting up the Keyboard.

In order to get things like the Command (Apple), Option/Alt and Control
(Ctrl) keys set up properly you need to run the MOL Keyboard config to do
this type the following in a terminal window:

[user@localhost] ~/ $ startmol --keyconfig

that will start the Keyconfig program.  Its simple to use and all the
information needed is on screen.

2. Switch VT's

If your running MOL in full screen you are using different Virtual Terminal
(VT) to that of X-Windows.  In order to Switch VTs hold down the following
keys:

Desktop Machine:  Alt-Ctrl-F7 (in that order)
Laptop Machine:   Alt-Ctrl-Fn-F7 (in that order)

this should switch you back to X-Windows which normally runs on VT 7, MOL by
default runs on VT 8.  The console is normally VTs 1-6.  To access any other
Virtual terminal while running X-Windows or MOL you just need to press the
right Function key.  e.g. to access VT 1 substitute F7 for for F1 or to
access MOL again from X-WIndows you would use F8 instead.

3. Virtual Networks and MOL

Samuel has gone to a great deal of trouble on the Last two revisions of MOL
to make networking between Linux and MOL alot easier.  All you need to do is
install the latest version of MOL, make sure you have the DHCP server
installed and MOL will automatically configure Linux to MOL networking.  On
the Mac OS side you will need to go in to TCP/IP and setup the Ethernet port
to use DHCP and from then on things should work really smoothly.  If this
doesn't help, post back and we shall see if we can help you more.

Jamie

on 15/9/02 10:47 pm, sebastien MENGIN - editions AGONE at smengin@free.fr