Linux-On-Linux and MOLD (Mac-On-Linux Documentation Project)

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:49:04 +0200

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 10:52:09AM +0200, Jamie Maynard wrote:
> I do have a few questions but I'll post them later when I am running
> Linux.  My main reason for posting is that I can't find the Linux side
> drivers for running Linux on Linux (LoL)

The source code of the linux/mol drivers are in a BitKeeper repository:

	http://mol.bkbits.net:8080/ldev

I made some changes to the mol part of the block driver when the
OS X support was added (actually, I rewrote it from scratch). I have
yet to update the linux/MOL driver to the new interface.

I intend to fix the linux/mol driver and integrate the modules
with the kernel source (btw, mol should probably be treated as separate
platform). I also plan to tweak performance a bit (by replacing
MSR_EE masking with a mol-specific solution for instance).

> does any one have a copy or know where I can find them?
> I found an old post from Samuel which
> talked about a directory on his FTP site which isn't there any more

No, I removed it since it is no longer compatible with 0.9.65.

Cheers,

/Samuel