modeline for fullscreen mol with new tibook

Vincent Beffara mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:37:38 +0200

> This modeline doesn't work for me.
> I have not had time to test it more but it start to load macosx (the
> part with the mol logo) and then the screen become black. Switching back
> to X I see that mol is back in 800x600 without any nessage on the shell.

OK let's see if I remember all I did do make it work :

* Have the latest BenH kernel. Compile it with radeonfb support. (Don't
  forget TUN and stuff, yadayadayada.)

* I have the official debian package (in "unstable") for mol, ie version
  number 0.9.65.

* Video configuration : I was quite brutal and my molrc.video contains :

resolution:             1280/864/60     # width/height/Hz
depth:                  32
enable_xvideo:          no
enable_console_video:   yes
start_on_console:       yes             # switch to console initially
autoswitch_console:     yes             # allow automatic switching

  (plus comments and stuff). This, plus I only kept the correct
  resoltution + depth in molvconfig.

And it _does_ work ... (Well except for sound but this is not related.)

HTH,

	/V
--
Vincent Beffara