Newbie Needs Help!

Brian Weaver mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:47:42 -0400

Hey all, I've just started using YDL 2.3 (first time using Linux!) and I'm
needing some help with MOL.  Here are the specs of the machine that I am
using:

Beige G3
Mac OS 9.2.2
1 Hard Drive - (2) 3GB partitions; Mac partition is HFS
256MB RAM
CD-ROM
Apple Extended Keyboard II
Single Button Mouse

Here is my trouble...

I installed YDL without any trouble, and I am able to boot to either MacOS
or Linux using BootX.  When I first ran startmol from a terminal window in
YDL, I received an error that 'Mac OS ROM' could not be found in the System
folder.  After rebooting into MacOS, I used Rom-grabber to grab a ROM image
of my system.  Rebooting into Linux, I opened up a new terminal window and
ran startmol once again.  This time I received an error that the ROM file
was not a valid ELF image/file.  Since I know absolutely nothing about Linux
or MOL, I have hit a wall.

Can anyone lend some advice?

Thanks!

Brian Weaver