mol.o file???

mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:44:14 -0700

--Apple-Mail-1-1071563969

I have posted before, but haven't had any resolution yet.

2001 ibook. 0.9.65-1 mol. 2.4.19-4a ydl kernel.

received following error messages at startmol --osx in terminal:

kernel header does not find match to kernel running

received following error messages at startmol -a --osx in terminal:

/usr/lib/mol/0.9.65/modules/2.4.19/mol.o: unresolved symbol
find_vmg_R4dfd872b

/usr/lib/mol/0.9.65/modules/2.4.19/mol.o: unresolved symbol
force_sig_R56a9040d

/usr/lib/mol/0.9.65/modules/2.4.19/mol.o: unresolved symbol
mem_map_Re009ab4d

both errors suggest recompiling, I have recompiled the kmod from source
and binary, but no luck.

I investigated the mol.o file and deleted its contents, then attempted
to startmol again and received an error message that it was an ELF file
and not supported by this architecture.

Whatever the problem may be, it appears related to this mol.o file.
What functions or files call the mol.o file? I will gladly hack the code
myself in pico if anyone can offer a suggestion at to what the hang-up
is.

thanks for any advice you can give.

john

--Apple-Mail-1-1071563969

I have posted before, but haven't had any resolution yet.

2001 ibook. 0.9.65-1 mol. 2.4.19-4a ydl kernel.

<underline>received following error messages at startmol --osx in
terminal:</underline>

kernel header does not find match to kernel running

<underline>received following error messages at startmol -a --osx in
terminal:</underline>