Help! my OSX doesnt boot cold or from MOL

Richard Eldon BARBER mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 03:50:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have 10.1, just installed Mandrake 9.1 PPCLinux on my Beige G3
w/sonnet G4 upgrade, got everything working except the modem.
I ran MOL - OSX from a gnome session, and the first time it booted osx
fully.  I did not run the penguin hugging the apple program however, I
just closed the window and went away.  I tried booting my mac coldly
into the OSX, and the spinning platter icon goes and then some text
appears 'init: cant open /bin/sh for single-user' and 'for /etc/rc'
over and over and over.   I tried booting OSX from MOL again, and the
same thing happens.  How can I get my OSX system back again??
-thanks