Networking Problem

Titanium Suite Admin mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:08:35 +0100

--Apple-Mail-2-245737343

HI dude, I had the same problems last week using the same OS's all I
did was set molrc.net to netdev: tun0 -tun
then I rebooted OS X within MOL... newnetwork port detected en1 then I
setup my network settings for my isp with a manual ip 10.0.0.x
opened a web browser and YAY!

this is taken from the email that helped me last week (hope it helps!)

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 06:10 AM, Tong Si-wai wrote:

> I am using Yellodog Linux and can now see OS X in a
> windows under KDE. However, I can't fix the networking
> part. My own network is using 10.130.64.X as the IP.
>
> Should I change the tunconfig and the dhcpd-mol.conf
> file s.t. 192.168.X.X changes to 10.130.64.X??
>
> I commented the sheep line and change the tun line to
> tun0 already. I can see the en1 / en2 device in the OS
> X network configure too. But what should I use as the
> way to get IP? manually or dhcp?
>
> What should I see in the linux /sbin/ifconfig ??
>
> I try this for a long time and still can't get the
> netowrking work. Please help.
>
> Felix

--Apple-Mail-2-245737343

HI dude, I had the same problems last week using the same OS's all I
did was set molrc.net to netdev: tun0 -tun

then I rebooted OS X within MOL... newnetwork port detected en1 then I
setup my network settings for my isp with a manual ip 10.0.0.x

opened a web browser and YAY!

this is taken from the email that helped me last week (hope it helps!)

<excerpt>On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:41:49PM +0100, Titanium Suite
	I'm using MOL on YellowDogLinux 3 to boot my OS X partition.

Now OS X isn't recognizing any network settings from within MOL,

can someone point me in the right direction as I've read the

instructions from ,

	- http://www.maconlinux.org/userguide/basicnet.html

but don't know where to add the support for the sheep_net driver??

	netdev:	eth0  -sheep

		do I add this to my molrc.osx

</excerpt>