Can't boot OSX

Daniele Purrone mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:41:24 +0100

Hello,
I'm new to LinuxPPC and MOL.
I have no problem in launching OS 9 on my computer, but things don't
seem to work for OSX.
I tried to search throught the archive, but I didn't find anything
similar to my problems... so any help is welcome.

I have the latest YDL, and my iBook's (combo 600, late 2001) hard disk
is three-partioned: on the first one Linux, on the second one OS 9
(hda10), on the third one (hda11, HFS+) OSX (with no classic).
I modified the molrc file so that it'd start from hda11... but when it
does, I get a message saying it could not find any valid  Mac OS Rom on
it, and so it goes back to hda10.
If I launch it with the --osx option a get a different error message
saying he didn't find the BootX. The strange thing is I shouldn't have
a "BootX", AFAIK, being my computer a new world Mac.
What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Daniele